17 November, 2011

Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie


Crossed (Matched, #2)Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie



Information.
384 pages.
Published November 1st 2011.


"In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever." - Blurbs from Goodreads.



Review.
Oh, god, what a shame, what shame. 
I think this book just lost Ally Condie half of her Matched Series followers because I'm pretty sure I fell asleep somewhere while reading this book.


Matched had a great, original and gripping plot but to be honest, Crossed is the most fillery filler book I've ever read. What could be done in a few pages was dragged out. I also didn't enjoy the setting of the book.
Crossed is highly reflective. Memories everywhere to fill in the lack of a steady and interesting plot. I think Condie is trying to add depth to the character, yet she fails, sadly. 


The narrative also switches from Ky to Cassia every chapter to keep the book up in pace yet it falls flat. Both Ky and Cassia sound the same in the narrative, which is very weak writing in my opinion. Be it, the book is quite well written with some very lovely description, what she has written is what has failed.


Crossed introduces some old and new characters. Xander is back and still causing conflicting emotions for Cassia. Other Ky, Cassia and Xander, the rest are all pretty much new characters such as Indie, Vick, Eli and Hunter. Although all the new characters lack in anything remotely interesting to give a positive or negative reaction to the reader, bar Eli, who I found quite irritating.


For me, Crossed answered no questions about The Society which you made from Matched. Overall, I had a very indifferent reaction towards Crossed. I don't care if I don't read the third book in the series which I'm very disappointed about because I had a lot of love for Matched.


Rating: 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment